Shared Care Record – Exchange
Exchange is at the heart of the Interweave portfolio.
It provides the hub of technologies that facilitate the Shared Care Record.
Organisations, known as providers, share their data by granting access to the Exchange.
Various components are then used to ensure data is shared with authorised users from
organisations providing direct care, these are known as ‘consumers’.
The architecture of the Exchange is summarised in the diagram below.
More detailed information can be found in the design documents on the Technical page
The fundamental benefit of the Exchange is that it enables collaborative care
for participating organisations, leading to:
- an empowered health and care workforce
- time savings for staff
- reduction in unnecessary tests and procedures
- improved outcomes for patients
In terms of the technology, this there are a number of benefits delivered by the architecture,
summarised as a vendor neutral federated approach to sharing data between care providers:
- NHS-led approach based on FHIR protocols
- open standards based development
- no data lake, instead the federated approach means that the data stays where it was originated, as does the governance
- flexible architecture allows for data to be displayed in any technically capable user interface
- utilises secure Google Cloud Platform accredited to process patient identifiable data
- real time data can be used for secondary care purposes to facilitate a Population Health Management solution